Steps to change your primary domain for Shared accounts
If you have a Shared account, you can change the main domain name on your account through AMP:
- Log into AMP.
- Click the Change Primary Domain icon.
- The following page will explain everything that will be affected. You can continue at the bottom if you agree to the terms. Any current addon domains will be listed in the dropdown box. Select the addon domain you’d like to change your primary domain to, or choose “Enter Domain Name“ to type in a domain that’s not listed in the menu.
- Click “Change Primary Domain” once you’re done.
- You will see a confirmation in your AMP panel like “Your primary domain has been changed to your-new-domain.com“.
- You can then log into your cPanel to see the new domain in your cPanel stats.
- You will also receive an email at your email account on file with a confirmation of the Primary Domain change.
Modifying domains on VPS and Dedicated servers
If you are on a VPS or Dedicated server, you can modify your cPanel accounts. To learn how to modify your own cPanel accounts in WHM , please see the tutorial on How to modify a cPanel account within WHM.